Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wandering

After coming to a better understanding of the wandering assignment, I completely changed my entire idea of what to do when I would wander. One route that I am very familiar with is either coming home from the Castro area on the L-Taraval Muni, which drops off only a few blocks away from my house, or driving home. When taking the L, it goes underground and takes me through West Portal station. When driving, I take Market to Portola, and kind of pass Forest Hill Station on the way home. We all know also, that Muni is a joke, and sometimes I just want to get home, so I will take whatever Muni comes first and get to West Portal station, and sometimes walk home from there.
To make this route a new experience, I decided I would walk from Forest Hill station to my house. Below is a link to a map of the three different routes, 2 of which I would be used to, and one which is the route of my wandering.



After taking this walk from Forest Hill to my house, there were some cool things I had never noticed before. Mainly the things I would notice are the houses. Most of the houses in San Francisco I find very interesting to look at, and I was surprised that I had never seen some of these houses before. Also, behind the Forest Hill station, there is a whole grassy area and some stairs, and it's kind of like a park, which I had never noticed before. Another thing I noticed was a staircase that seemed as if it might have led to a park, which I definitely will be going back soon to check out.



Videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment