Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final Project



For my final project I created a map that showed the international availability of McDonalds sandwiches and burgers. I was originally going to do the entire list, but since the list was so extensive, it would have been very hard to include every single menu item on the poster.
I came up with the idea of this project after looking up the international availability of products, and saw that it was such a diverse list of items, that I wanted to come up with a way to show what items are available where. It's very interesting that everywhere you go McDonald's is suppose to look the same and have the same general feeling, but they offer different menu items based on whats ingredients are available and based on religious beliefs.

Since the list of available items was so long, I decided to narrow it down to just the sandwiches and burgers. After presenting my poster to the class and discussing it, I realized there were a lot of things I should have included on my poster. I lost a lot of information that I wanted to include

with my original idea. Although I was at first pretty happy with my poster, there are now several things about it I would like to change:

- Some of the names of the sandwiches/burgers aren't listed. I would have liked to include the names of all the different sandwiches, and could have easily added some text showing the name
of each kind of sandwich.
- Some of the locations on the map aren't very clear. It's a little confusing as to what country is what, and what country each item is specifically available in. I could have created borders for each country and/or labeled the names of some of the countries that don't seem as clear as others.
- There is nothing showing that certain items are only available because of religion. I could have included something showing that they don't serve beef products in India, and have kosher food available in Jerusalem.


Here is the final poster that I got printed:


No comments:

Post a Comment